[imp] Duplicate Entry in Reply to All

Rodney Barnett rbarnett@neuromics.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 08:18:59 -0500

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@csh.rit.edu>:

> On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 09:11:16AM -0500, Rodney Barnett wrote:
>
> > I received a message that contains headers like these:

> > From: "John Doe" <jdoe@dot.com>
> > Cc: "Joe Blow" <jblow@somewhere.com>
> >
> > When I Reply to All, the compose window shows the following:
> >
> > To: jdoe@dot.com, John Doe <jdoe@dot.com>
> > Cc: Joe Blow <jblow@somewhere.com>
> >
> > Can IMP be changed to eliminate the duplicate address in the To
> field?
> >
> > I'm using 2.3.7-cvs.
>
> I'm unable to reproduce the undesirable behavior. It appears to
> be working correctly with every permutation I try.
>
> --
> Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu) . Rochester Inst. of Technology
> http://www.csh.rit.edu/~jon/ : Computer Science House Member

I've manually constructed this message so that it emulates the
original message that I received.  When I send it to a local
account and then Reply to All, the problem shows up in the
Compose window.

Jon, I'm sending this directly to you and cc'ing the list since
the list software rewrites the Reply-to header.  The problem
will not show up in the copy that comes from the list server.

I just downloaded the latest CVS source and see that the problem
is still there.

Rodney