[imp] Problems in IMP 2.2.5

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 23 May 2001 14:50:12 -0400

Quoting Marco Antonio Vieira Assad <marcova@mg.trt.gov.br>:

> 1) When I click in a link to a mail address in the message (I noticed that in
> the message asking me to confirm my subscription to this list) it says 'Page
> not found'. I still have IMP 2.2.3 in production, and this problem doesn't
> happen in it.

Woops, looks like that slipped by. These patches will fix it:

http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/imp/Attic/message.php3?
r1=2.23.2.67&r2=2.23.2.68&f=u

http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/imp/lib/Attic/mimetypes.lib?
r1=1.8.2.30&r2=1.8.2.31&f=u

> 2) When I try to download a word or excel file attached to a message, instead
> of having a window asking me where to save the file IMP opens word or excel
> via OLE inside the browser. I'm using IE 5.5 SP1 and I know that IMP have a
> workaround for a bug in it, but that's how it works? Isn't it possible to
> have imp open a window to save the file, like in other versions of IE?

Nope. 5.5 is well and truly broken.

> 3) I can't attach a file in any message when using Opera. I tried with
> versions 5.10 and 5.11, IMP 2.2.3 and 2.2.5, and none work. When I select a
> file (either writing its name or browsing it) and click 'attach', I get a
> javascript alert saying: 'You must specify the file to attach'.

Sounds like Opera is broken. My wild guess is that they decided to go beyond
making the value of a file upload form read-only, and made it simply not there.
But I'll have to get opera at some point to have a better idea.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Black and white and grey, all the shades of truth.