question about ./config/menu.txt

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Wed, 23 May 2001 21:09:43 -0500 (CDT)

I'd like to add menu items to horde/imp.  In the past I've done this by editing
the files ./menu.php3 and/or ./templates/menu/menu.inc which is not very nice.

I'd like to do it if possible via the ./config/menu.txt file since it is there
and intended for this purpose.

I'd also like to have it be subject to locale files (or at least to variables
defined in defaults.php3 or similar).  In other words, I'd like to be able to
put in menu.txt something like:

http://my.web.site/<$lang->mywebsite>/mywebsite.gif

and have menu.php3 translate $lang->mywebsite via the locale files.  However,
in the default Horde/IMP 2.2 setup, doing so simply displays "$lang->mywebsite"
rather than the value of the variable $lang->mywebsite as I desire.

I've tried some things, like changing the variable expansion in the
set_menu() function inside the menu.php3 file from $regs[1] (or similar) to
$$regs[1] and ${$regs[1]} and other such variations, but I can't get it to work.
I'm not a php expert, so maybe I'm missing something in the language or trying
to expand it in the wrong place???

Any help would be appreciated.  If I can't get some form of indirect variable
translation working, then I'll be back to editing the php files which I really
wanted to try and avoid this time around.

Eric Jon Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, Texas 78712-1081