IMP 2.2.5: some problems

Fritz Zaucker zaucker@ee.ethz.ch
Mon, 28 May 2001 16:09:04 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

I updated to version 2.2.5 from 2.2.4 sucessfully, using a rather old
defaults.php3 file (I guess dating back to 2.0.x). But all I need
seems to be there (I have attached it for reference). Please let me
know if you believe this to be related to my problem.

Questions:

1) I added the line

   $default->umask = '077';

   to my defaults.php3 file and once this is there, I can't login at
   all anymore and just get back to the login screen. The apache
   logfile does not get any errors.

2) What is the correct setup if I want to be able to use attachments
   with safe_mode on?

   I have the following setup:

   Apache runs as user httpd

   IMP files are owned by user local

   Currently I have the following php_upload_dir setting:

   drwxrwx-wt   2 local    other       2048 May 28 16:03 php_upload/

   I don't like it particularly to have it world writable, but if I it
   isn't, attachments don't work.

   I tried having it user httpd, but then I get an error with
   safe_mode On

Thanks for any pointers.

Cheers,
Fritz

P.S.: There is no entry in the CHANGES files for horde 1.2.5 and imp
      2.2.5

--
Dr. Fritz Zaucker, Head IT Support Group
Department of Electrical Engineering,  Federal Institute of Technology