[imp] IMP 2.2.5: some problems

Fritz Zaucker zaucker@ee.ethz.ch
Mon, 28 May 2001 23:11:25 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 28 May 2001, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Fritz Zaucker <zaucker@ee.ethz.ch>:
>
> >    $default->umask = '077';
> >
> >    to my defaults.php3 file and once this is there, I can't login at
> >    all anymore and just get back to the login screen. The apache
> >    logfile does not get any errors.
>
> No idea if it's related to the problem or not, but that shouldn't be a string:
>
> $default->umask = 077;

Thanks, the quotes were a mistake I introduced. And indeed it wasn't
even a real problem at all, I was just being stupid when testing this.

However, is there any documentation somewhere what changes were
introduced in IMP 2.2.5 related to the upload business and why (there
is nothing in the CHANGES file)? I am having problems understanding
the various permission/ownership issues involved here (I find the
security model of PHP a bit strange). I could also not find any infos
in the PHP documentation about implications if safe mode). Perhaps
somebody could explain what steps are involved and what the
ownership/permission issues are?

Thanks,
Fritz

--
Dr. Fritz Zaucker, Head IT Support Group
Department of Electrical Engineering,  Federal Institute of Technology