[imp] Error Deleting Message in IMP 2.3.7-cvs

Rodney Barnett rbarnett@neuromics.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 07:48:26 -0500

> Quoting rbarnett@neuromics.com:
>
> > I was just using the latest IMP from CVS to read the IMP list.  I
> > deleted several messages one by one as I finished reading
> > them, but then I got the following error when I deleted one
> > message I was reading:
> >
> > Warning: Undefined offset: 22 in
> > /var/www/html/horde/imp/message.php on line 250
> >
> > The message was deleted and there  are 21 messages left in
> > the mailbox, but  I'm not certain whether I was reading the last
> > message or the one before the last one.
>
> I tried using a trash folder and deleting the last 5-6 messages, and
> couldn't reproduce this problem. Can you give me a set of steps
> to reproduce this? Are you still seeing the problem with the latest
> CVS code?

I'm using IMP from 2001-May-23.  The problem still exists in that version.  I
can try a new copy, but I don't have time at the moment.

I have been running without using the trash folder for a while.  I go back and
forth because I can't decide whether the convenience is worth the performance
hit.  However, after reading your message above, I went to the options and
turned the trash folder back on and continued reading this list.  Here's the
message number/message count sequence I saw:

81/107  81/106  82/106  82/105  82/104  82/103  82/101  82/100  82/99
82/98   82/97   82/96   82/95   82/94   82/93   82/92   82/91   82/90
82/89   82/88   82/87   82/86   82/85   82/84   82/83

At this point, I deleted message 82 and got the following page:

----------------------
Warning: Undefined offset: 81 in /var/www/html/horde/imp/message.php on line 253

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started
at /var/www/html/horde/imp/message.php:253) in
/var/www/html/horde/imp/message.php on line 364

After going back into IMP, I found that the last message was still there unread
and the one before it had been deleted.  I also noticed that there were
something like 57 messages in the folder rather than 82.  There were some
unpurged messages in the folder before I turned on the Trash folder option.
Could that be the source of the problem?

Rodney