[imp] Attachment download error w/ IMP 2.3.7-cvs & IE4

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 29 May 2001 09:08:46 -0400

Quoting Michael Koetter <nmail2@nmail.de>:

> We are running a small freemail-service in germany
> (http://www.nmail.de/) which
> we want to upgrade to use IMP 2.3 .
> While experimenting with various browsers etc. I noticed that
> downloading
> attachments with IE 4 (IE 4.72.3110.8 as it says in the about box)
> doesnīt work.
> IE aborts with the error message "The downloaded file is not available
>
> [blabla]" even before showing a file save dialog.
> It seems the problem is somewhere in "view.php" and I think itīs related
> to the
> HTTP headers sent by IMP, but I canīt figure out why it does not work.
> All other browsers (Netscape, IE5, Mozilla) seem to work.
> If someone got a suggestion, please help me!

I don't have IE 4 around to test with, unfortunately... is there anyone who
does who's willing to poke around and see what's up? Is there anyone out there
who knows of a script (in any programming language) that downloads files that
works pretty much universally?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Black and white and grey, all the shades of truth.