[imp] Incorrect handling of '.' character in IMP 2.3

Nick Ustinov Nick.Ustinov@videinfra.lv
Wed, 30 May 2001 12:17:47 +0300

It works just fine for me.

Nick Ustinov

nick@videinfra.com
http://www.videinfra.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Jackson [mailto:Ray.Jackson@cern.ch]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 11:12
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: [imp] Incorrect handling of '.' character in IMP 2.3

Hello,

I spotted a bug with IMP 2.3.7-cvs - If you compose a message and
include a line containing a single '.' e.g.

.

Then anything below that dot is not sent in the message and we see
errors in our sendmail logs.  Now, of course the reason is that '.' is
used in SMTP to close a connection - so obviously the '.' is not being
escaped properly as normal mail clients do to avoid SMTP interpreting
the '.' in the body as a Close Connection instruction.

Is this a PHP problem or rather an IMP specific problem?

Cheers,
Ray