[imp] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 30 May 2001 07:40:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Doug Curtis <doug.curtis@world-mail.org> wrote:

> No, I changed that password in the web-based setup for IMP.  I also
> changed the password for the actual database on the command line.

Just note that setup.php3 doesn't set the PHPLIB password (in local.inc),
so there are three places to change it:  local.inc, defaults.php3, and the
database server itself.  horde/scripts/database/dbpasswd.sh may be useful.

> > Thanks for the suggestion that worked, but I have to change the
> > hordemgr
> > password to the default. If I don't I get the following error:
> >
> > Warning: Access denied for user: 'hordemgr@localhost' (Using
> > password: YES)
> > in /home/httpd/php/db_mysql.inc on line 78

If by "default" you mean "hordemgr" as the password, IMP won't let you run
that way unless you force it (since it's a security risk).

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN