[imp] Contacts & Problem

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 30 May 2001 09:16:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 30 May 2001, maagheli@vasel.com <maagheli@vasel.com> wrote:

> Whether i should have a record in mysql for any user?

I'm not sure I understand, but I'll try.  You only need one login (usually
"hordemgr") to have access to MySQL; you put that login and password in
defaults.php3, local.inc, etc. and Horde/IMP uses that one login for all
database access.

When you get contacts and preferences working, you'll have several records
in MySQL (imp_addr and imp_prefs, respectively) for each user.

> My mail server and web server are separate, Whether i should install
> mysql on the mail server or web server?

It shouldn't matter; they can be 3 separate machines if you want.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN