[imp] Some questions...

Santiago Romero sromero@servicom2000.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:38:41 +0200

El lun, 04 de jun de 2001, a las 06:45:08 +0200, Santiago Romero dijo:

 For Horde 1.2.4 and Imp 2.2.5 :

>  It is possible on IMP the following?:
>
>  - Auto move the deleted messages to the Trash folder.

 It will work for me to add PHP code directly when required :-)

>  - Eliminate the upper frame, or change it's contents (where?).

 I only need to know the html/php files where all this is defined :)

>  - On the contact address, I would like to setup aliases for various
>    email addresses at the same time. If I write on the compose window,
>    on the To: field something like:
>
>     address1@domain.com, address2@domain.com

 If I write directly the above in the To: field of a message, it
 works perfect, but if I try to add a CONTACT with the above, it
 says that ',' is not an allowed character, so I can't add contacts
 for more than one address (aliases at IMP level).

 In the other hand, I'm planning to add a feature to IMP 2.2.5 (at
 least locally, in my installation). I will send the patch here
 in order to allow others to implement it...

 In my case I want certain users not to be allowed to user LDAP,
 while others are allowed. I don't want also certain users to
 change preferences, or use address book. To do this I plan to
 create a new table on the database:

  Username       CanUseLdap    CanUsePreferences   CanXXX
  sromero            1                 0              1

 I plan to read the settings for a given user when he logins, and
 change IMP's code in order to allow (or not) display the Preferens
 or Contact LINKS on the frames depending on the corresponding
 flags.

 This way there will be some users with special privileges, and
 certain users (end users) that will receive IMP correctly configured
 and will not allowed to do more than send and receive email.

 CU all!
--
Santiago Romero
Departamento de Sistemas