[imp] Some questions...

Santiago Romero sromero@servicom2000.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:41:50 +0200

El mar, 05 de jun de 2001, a las 09:51:51 -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch dijo:
> Quoting Santiago Romero <sromero@servicom2000.com>:
>
> >  I'm using IMP 2.2 ...
> >  Is there any IMP or PHP function I can put after the code that
> >  sends the email in order to automove it to the Trash folder?
>
> There is a patch available - look on the IMP 2.2 site.

 I found it, thanks a lot! :)

> >  The error doesn't matter. In this case, was an Oracle error indicating
> >  that the entry already exists in the database (I was trying to re-insert
> >  a contact that already exist)... All I want is not to view the errors
> >  on the screen before PHP prints the HTML.
>
> No, the error _does_ matter. I don't use the Oracle driver; I don't know if any
> of the active developers do. If you tell us what the error is, what line it
> occurs on, etc., then we can send you a fix to test much more easily.

 Well, I don't remember now... let's reproduce it :)

 Warning: Ora_Exec failed (ORA-00001: unique constraint
 (HORDEMGR.PK_IMP_ADDR) violated -- while processing OCI
 function OEXEC/OEXN) in ./lib/db.oracle on line 328

 It appears before the HTML code of the Contact window.
 To make this appear just enter a contact, insert it into the
 database, select it another time and try to INSERT another
 time instead of updating...

> >  No, it's 2.2. It has an upper and left frame (the upper one has the
> >  IMP 2.2.5 and the "all right" hand icon, and the left one has all the
> >  options (INBOX, Compose...).
>
> Look in the templates/ directory.

 Oki.

> >  But ... anyway, on the ADD CONTACT button I could disable the
> >  "," protection to that it accepts addresses like:
> >
> >  1@d.com, 2@d.com
> >
> >  (I would like to create contacts for multiple addresses).
>
> It won't work. We prevent people from doing that for a reason.

 But, it's possible to allow groups to the contact window?
 I need the ability of user being allowed to send an email to
 multiple addresses just selecting a single contact (i.e. a
 contact called "I.T. Department" should send the email to various
 addresses

> -chuck

 Thanks a lot another time, chuck. I find IMP to be an impressive
 Webmail and I'm trying just to adapt it to people used to run
 Outlook Express, and that's the reason of the pile of questions...

 I must eliminate almost all the images and simplify IMP so that
 a monkey can use it :-) That implies:

 - The left frame should contain the current options PLUS an
   entry for INBOX, another for SENT_MAIL and another one for TRASH.

 - Some options will not be allowed for some users (preferences,
   folders...). A database should be asked in order to know what
   a logged user can do.

 - The upper frame dissapears.

 - The compose message should open on the right frame (no popups),
   and it will have a listbox with the contact addresses, and
   an ldap (by name) search button. They want no contact window.

 - They use 800x600, so I must reduce font sizes.

 - IMP will run only on Spanish.

 - There will be contact entries poiting to various email addresses.
   Under Outlook it seems you can setup contacts pointing to email
   groups (1, 2, 3 ... emails) ...

 Some of those points are easily modificable thanks to IMP design,
 but others will need extra work and that's the reason of all the
 questions .

 PS: On the spanish translation of TRASH you've put "basurero",
 when the correct translation is "papelera".

 CU!

--
Santiago Romero
Departamento de Sistemas