[imp] Display weirdness

Todd Aiken taiken@ubishops.ca
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:42:05 -0500

> I have imp set to display 20 messages per page. If I have 701 messages
> when I log in, my initial INBOX screen only shows 1 message. This
> seems sub-optimal. Any reason not to have the "remainder" messages be at the
> opposite end of the "sort by" ?

While on that subject, not to be nit picky, but I'm just curious as to why
when you log in to your INBOX that IMP starts on the page containing the
last new mail message rather than on page one viewing the first new mail
message (when sorted by arrival time in descending order)?   I get confused
sometimes when I log in and see only a couple of new messages, but then
realise I am on page 3 and I have 40 other messages before this page.  I
guess by the default arrival time ascending order sorting this would be the
correct page to jump to (assuming one would click on the next arrow to read
the next message and not start at the end of the mailbox and work
backwards), but could it be changed to page one if sorting by arrival time
descending order?

CU L8R...

Todd A. Aiken                  | This space can be yours, for just four
Systems Administrator          | easy payments of $39.95.  Plus, buy
Cole Computer Centre           | one half and get the 2nd half for 50%
BISHOP'S UNIVERSITY            | off the cost of the two together!
Lennoxville, Quebec, CANADA    | Call 1-800-4-RIPOFF today!