[imp] Php question. (now poppassd.php3 question)

Christopher Crowley ccrowley@tulane.edu
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:33:43 -0500

Instead of hacking the PHP code to make the SSL client connection, I just
created a secure channel between the IMP server, and the poppassd server.
The IMP server listens for localhost:106 requests, and handles the TLS
connection with openssl.

The trouble is that I am now getting the error message:
Password Server: 2(No such file or directory)

I suppose could be the result of unexpected from the SSL connection, but it
seems from the PHP code that the fsockopen never gets created.

There may be a couple of causes for this. I do not have the poppassd.php3
link enabled in IMP. I am testing this on the server that is currently in
production, so I can't open this service up to everyone. I call the page:
https://webmail.tulane.edu/poppassd.php3?PASSWD_CHANGE.

The next issue will be to chop out the preliminary lines returned by the
openssl connection. Do you suggest looping with gets() until I arrive at a
string that starts with 200 or count hits a maximum number?