[imp] IMP login problem

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 09:24:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Damir Dezeljin <programing@nib.si> wrote:

> I have problems with login in IMP mail system ... I have RH-7.1,
> php4.0.4pl1-9, horde-1.2.4-1rh7, imp-2.2.4-1rh7 and mySQL.
>
> When I try to login on the "login homepage" I get a listing of my mails,
> but when I try to read one of them I get jumpet to the first ("login")
> screen.

This is a PHPLIB session problem.  Visit horde/test.php3 in your browser
(you may have to "chmod +r" that file first), select the "Click here to
test PHPLIB link", and reload the resulting page several times.  If the
"Per-Session Data" doesn't increment, then that's your problem.

If so, where did you configure PHPLIB session storage to go (MySQL,
PostgreSQL, shm, etc.)?  (In your case, that depends on which RPM you
installed:  horde-mysql, horde-pgsql, horde-shm.)  Double-check
horde/phplib/local.inc and prepend.php3 to make sure the database
host/login/password/etc. are correct; try those values from the
command-line to make sure you can access the database with them; make sure
your database has the active_sessions table created (did you run the
mysql_create.sql script after installing the RPMs?); etc.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN