[imp] newbie question -- refresh on mail arrival

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 09:47:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Deniz Akkus Kanca <deniz@arayan.com> wrote:

> I have tried looking in the FAQ and in the docs.

Thanks!  The list archives are the other place to check, though I don't
see anything there right off that deals with your issue:

> I have set up imp to poll for new messages in 1 minute intervals.

Hmmm... I hope you have a high-performance IMAP server, or a small number
of users.  This will load your IMAP server pretty heavily.

> When new mail arrives, there is a pop-up that appears, however:
>
> The inbox view does not get refreshed -- therefore does not show the
> new message.

Yes, I believe that's correct; I don't think 2.2.x has any way of doing
what you want here.

> The only way to refresh that view seems to be to switch out of inbox,
> and back in again.

On the big blue bar at the top, there's a little icon (subtle, I know)
with two arrows making a circle, that will refresh the view of the current
folder.  Also, for INBOX, you can just click the INBOX link on the left
bar.  So that's at least only one click rather than two.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN