[imp] IMAP Support: No

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 06:28:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Gerald Langiewicz <gwlangie@uci.edu> wrote:

> I have looked at the list archive and at the FAQ.

Thanks!  :-)  Can you also tell us specifically what Linux distribution
and version, and the version of your Apache, IMAP, etc. software.

> The only thing I can see to correct my problem comes from the
> php-4.0.4pl1-imap-patch.txt that I get when I use test.php. My lack of
> experience prevents me from "knowing" how to install this patch.
>
> I have install 4.0.4pl1 and imp horde Horde: 1.3.5-cvs and IMP:
> 2.3.7-cvs

The instructions for installing patches have been given (and would be in
the list archives); essentially "patch -pN <patchfile" where "N" depends
on where you're cd'ed (see "man patch" for details).

However, I think it would be better to use PHP 4.0.5 -- that may even be
required at this point with 2.3.x, but I know at least you're going to
need a more modern PEAR than 4.0.4pl1.  If you're going to use 2.3.x
(which is still somewhat of a moving target) you really need to follow the
<dev@lists.horde.org> list because things will break from time to time.

Even better, if you are setting up a production server and you're new to
this, I recommend you go with 2.2.x instead (which is stable at this
point)... I think you'll have an easier path.

> I get PHP support fort FTP. LDAP, PostgreSQL and XML. I want PHP
> module support for IMAP. I do have IMAP install and working on my
> Linux box.

As Terry said, "./configure --with-imap" should do it.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN