[imp] LDAP problem

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:44:06 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Nels Lindquist <nlindq@maei.ca> wrote:

> I see the following whenever IMP tries to do a search:
>
> (search for First Name contains Nels)
> > Jun 20 09:11:08 acct-srv slapd[28951]: conn=17 op=1 SRCH
> > base="dc=maei,dc=ca" scope=2 filter="(&(badfilter)(cn=*Nels*))"
>
> (search for Surname begins with L)
> > Jun 20 09:14:45 acct-srv slapd[28951]: conn=19 op=1 SRCH
> > base="dc=maei,dc=ca" scope=2 filter="(&(badfilter)(cn=L*))"
>
> By way of contrast, here's a log entry for a successful search from
> Pegasus Mail:
>
> (search for Surname contains L)
> > Jun 20 09:14:45 acct-srv slapd[28951]: conn=19 op=1 SRCH
> > base="dc=maei,dc=ca" scope=2 filter="(&(badfilter)(cn=L*))"
>
> It appears that whatever parameters I try to search on, IMP is
> requesting a search on the common name field.  I don't know what the
> &(badfilter) thing means, either.

Am I missing something?  The Pegasus and IMP ones appear to be exactly the
same.  Anyway:

> Here's my server definition, from config/ldap.php3:
>
> $LDAPServers['maei'] = new LDAPServer('maei',
>                                       'Morningstar',
>                                       'localhost',
>                                       'dc=maei,dc=ca',
>                                       'sn',
>                                       'cn,mail,sn,givenname,uid,ou',
>                                       'is,sounds,is_strict,contains,begins,ends',
>                                       '',
>                                       '',
>                                       '');

For compare/contrast, here's mine:

$LDAPServers['example'] = new LDAPServer('example',
                                        'Example',
                                        'ldap.example.edu',
                                        'o=Example College',
                                        'sn',
                                        'cn,mail,sn,givenname',

'is,is_strict,contains,begins,ends');

So:  you might try dropping those extra blank parameters at the end of the
server list, or dropping the ",uid,ou" off the search fields, etc., to see
if that gets it going again.

(Our LDAP server is an older Netscape Enterprise Server one at the
moment.)

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN