imap/smtp server variable

Cliff Green green@UMDNJ.EDU
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:43:15 -0400

Okay, I'm confused.

Using:
horde 1.3.4-cvs
imp 2.3.7-cvs
php 4.0.6-dev

Is $imp['server'] a global variable set when one logs on to imp?  How about
$GLOBALS['HTTP_SESSION_VARS'['imp']['server']?

What I'd like to do in imp/config/conf.php is something like:

 $conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = $imp['server'];

in order to set the outbound smtp server to the same FQDN as the imap server one
has logged onto (yes, we have "$conf['server']['server_list'] = true;", so
users do have to know where their mail is).  The reason for this is that we have
multiple campus hosts, with different campus-based alias lists.

We plan to use a single host for imp, but point it at multiple imap servers.  A
single, static smtp server won't allow imp users to get the full benefit of the
years of aggravation we've gone through to build those aliases <g>.

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ
signature under NDA