[imp] Syslog Facilities

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:38:41 -0400

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 12:12:22PM -0700, Matt Prigge wrote:

>     I am trying to set IMP up to use a specific syslog facility when it does
> its logging. I am putting the facility name (LOG_LOCAL0 just for example) in
> $conf['log']['name']. Regardless of what I set that variable to, it still
> seems to log using the LOG_SYSLOG facility. Just in some preliminary poking
> around it looks like the syslog PEAR library is hardcoded to log to
> LOG_SYSLOG. Is this correct or am I missing something?

The PEAR code looks fine to me.  It defaults to LOG_SYSLOG, but
that value is overridden in the constructor.

Logging to other syslog facilities works fine here.  Are you
sure you're not putting quotes around the LOG_LOCAL0 constant in
conf.php?

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology