LDAP/IMP issue

Danny O'Brien dannyo@steinrogan.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:39:09 -0400

Hi,

I'm new to IMP. We're running 2.2.4. I'm attempting to get IMP
to recognize our LDAP database on the local server.

I believe LDAP support was compiled into PHP but I'm not completely
sure.

I've read 4.2.8 of the FAQ and modified my ldap.php3 file. Our LDAP DB
title does show up in the LDAP Search feature of the IMP Contacts
window. However, when I attempt to search our LDAP DB, or any of the
other DBs on the default menu list (bigfoot, etc.), I get the following
error:

Fatal error: call to undefined function: ldap_connect() in
.../imp/ldap.search.php3 on line 238

I've examined the ldap.search.php3 file and here's what line 238 says:

$ds = ldap_connect($str_serv);

Any advice out there for a newbie?

Thanks,

Dannyo