[imp] expand names (fwd)

Apis Hytt php3dev@carousel.tabcat.com
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:24:14 -0500 (CDT)

----8<---------SNIP----

> > 	Scenario -- allow `expand names' in [compose]
> > 		but not have [turba] in horde bottom navbar.

APIS+	o Yes, I have set the turba addressbook to read-only.

	o Your notion sounds nice for an ACL on the modules.

	o This is an artifact of the nice, new registry scheme and
		module/lib/api.php features.  Before expand names
		and the inter-module capability, one used to
		just delete the module in the older registry version.
                Now, of course, one will lose the back-door features.

	o Maybe, in short run, just a define for each module
		to display as a navbar link or not could suffice.

		If a user tried to URL to horde/turba .. one
	could just substitute a site specific page to say unavailable
	for direct access, use [compose] expand names instead.

	o That way, the link could at least be gone in navbar and
		the inter-module features would still work.
APIS-
NNNN