Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket ....

Qin Li ecl6ql@sun.leeds.ac.uk
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:53:12 +0100

Hi,

Having installed horde/imp (1.2.5/2.2.5) I got the following errors when
connecting
to the IMP from a browser.  I read the IMP mailing list archive and followed
up
variours leads on all configuration files.  However, I still can not find
out why.

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/db/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) in db_mysql.inc on line 73

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/db/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) in db_mysql.inc on line 73

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/db/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) in db_mysql.inc on line 73

Can anybody give me a pointer as to where I should look next please?

Qin

PS. I ran test.php3 fine. But when I following up the phplib-horde link to
test
I got the following. So I guess the problem is still with PHPLIB setup. Help
is much appreciated.

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/db/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) in db_mysql.inc on line 73
Reload this page to see the counters increment.
 View the output of phpinfo().

Per Session Data: 1
Session ID: 019e0542b07227dbbd9ecfaa10df6095
If this page works correctly, then you have a correctly configured
HordeSession class. You should be done with PHPLIB setup.