[imp] imp newbie

Claus Heiko Niesen cniesen@gmx.net
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:59:55 -0500

I guess you are comparing 2.2.x to 2.3.x.  The direction that Turba is
going is a good one however, I don't think Turba is very mature.  From what
I see most development has been focused on IMP 2.3 lately but I bet Turba
will catch up since it's an important part of horde and quite a bit needed
for IMP.

What I'm missing is that one can't choose addresses from the compose window
like in 2.2.  Also it would be nice to modify some of the data fields of
turba and include the picture support (I saw a reference to it somewhere in
the code).

I wouldn't recommend a switch to 2.3 just on basis of the address
book.  Wait a little while, or help improving it.

I captured a couple of pics of Turba for you:

http://www.niesens.com/address_edit.jpg
http://www.niesens.com/address_search.jpg

Greetings,
   Claus

(I'm to busy to have many friends - lol)