Japanese Translation?

Nate Carlson natecars@real-time.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:04:01 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I have installed IMP for a client. It's working great for them for many
languages, except there is no Japanese translation, and they have quite a
few people who need to read mail in Japanese.

Most of these people also read English, so we tried adding the Japanese
character set with English prompts by doing the following:

in lang.php3:

$lang->lang['jp'] = 'Japanese';
$lang->charset['jp'] = 'EUC-JP';

..and then we copied everything in 'en' to 'jp' in the locale directory.

Unfortunately, this acts just like English (Japenese characters are still
garbled).

Has anyone managed to get a Japanese language set working, or have any
tips on how to make this work?

Thanks!

--
Nate Carlson <natecars@real-time.com>   | Phone : (952)943-8700