[imp] Address Book Help

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:19:15 -0400

Quoting John Bosco <john@prosoundweb.com>:

> When I go to "Contacts" in IMP, it brings up a "Directory Search" window
> which I believe is part or Turba. The results allow me to send that
> person mail, but not add them to my personal address book (when I'm
> searching an LDAP server that is not my address book).

Okay - the fact that you can't add contacts from one source to another is
maybe something we should address. Btw, you're a couple of revs off of the
latest code, if you still have that link...

> How about every time there is more then one entry that matches, lets
> say I look for Dave, that will not work, but when I enter Daves last
> name it does work. The problem is I may not remember Daves last name or
> how to spell it. I was wondering if there was a way to to scroll through
> your personal address book while in the compose window. Also if I'm
> replying or forwarding an email, I can't really use the Contacts button.

That's been planned since that feature was added; it just hasn't been
coded yet.

-chuck

--
"whatever is wrong with you ... it is no small thing." - Dan