Filters/rules for outgoing mails

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar@developer.ch
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 14:56:15 +0200

Hi,

Anyone seen the need for setting rules on outgoing mails?
I dont think I have seen this feature in any mail client yet.

I have to take extra care to make sure that when I post to a list, my
email address is the same as the one which I have subscribed with, or
else the mail bounces and I feel too lazy to post again"

I also wish that my signature is stripped automatically when I am
posting to the lists. (Its just wasting space)

So maybe filters/rules on outgoing mails is a possible solution.

Example 1:
if To or CC is  info-cyrus@lists.andrew.cmu.edu then set Reply-To header
not do that and mostly you find a lot of questions-only in the archive).

Example 2:
if To or CC contains "4unet.net" then use my "business signature"
if To or CC contains "friends.ch" then use my "Funny signature"
if To or CC contains "lists" then dont use a signature
(Maybe this should be achievable by use of Identities)

Example 3:
If To or CC contains "lists" set From header to "aghaffar@developer.ch"
For all others use "atif@4unet.net"

etc, etc.

PS: If there is enough interest of using this feature, Please keep it
for IMP 2.5.  Its about time 2.4 is released.!!!! please !!

--
Atif