[imp] security stop: 2 user from same host.

Jan-Marc Pilawa dc6aa@yahoo.de
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:21:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hello *,

>Quoting Jan-Marc Pilawa <dc6aa@yahoo.de>:
>
>> users reported about "security stops". I could
>> reproduce the Problem. Different users start
>> netscape
>> on the same host an log in (IMP). Pressing "Inbox"
>> at the left menu-bar results for one user in an
>> security stop.
>

>I'm not sure what you mean by this... has anyone else
>seen this, or can
>describe what a "security stop" is?
>
>-chuck

Ok, a little bit of description:

The user is logged in (IMP) and is doing any action in
imp. For example klicking on the refresh-button or
INBOX or Contacts. The Browser tries to load the
resulting page, for example the mail-frame, but he is
only getting a gray background with the words
"security stop" on it. Its HTML-Code, nothing from the
browser.
Pressing reload or back gives the same result. The
user has to exit the browser, restart, relogin to imp.

This seems to happen only if more than one user come
from the same IP. Since many (most) of my users come
groupewhise from one Server, this happens to often to
say its a singular problem.

At the moment the users can work around the Problem
using an "old" Version of IMP 2.2.5 without the
Modification i made to give them their real e-mail
alias instead of their (numerical) login as
from-adress.

I remember that I had such a "security stop" with the
unmodified Version of IMP, too. But this is about a
month ago. Last night I tried everything to reproduce
the stop with the unmodified Version but had no
success. So I think my workaround for the e-mail Alias
might be the problem.
I never had worked before with PHP, so I am not sure
if I have written sensefull code (Appended to my first
mail). It works in so far, that the alias (mailnick)
is set correctly but thats all I can say ;-)

best regards

Jan.