Log into IMP from portal (partial success)

Sergey Kanareykin kanareykin@denison.edu
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:47:16 -0400

I guess I sent the first part of this message accidentally.

At 13:15 17.07.01 -0400, you wrote:
>I ran into this problem and came up my own solution.  Here is what I did:

[snip]

Thanks a lot for the response, I will definitely try this as well.

I was somewhat successful in doing what I came up with first:

1. Generate 2 unique numbers for Horde and connID
2. From webserver, make a POST request to redirect.php?Horde=[the unique
number]
    I can verify that IMP does log me in - I parse (and can output) the
response.
3. Redirect the user to mailbox.php?Horde=[the unique number]; IMP sets the
    Horde cookie and shows me INBOX.

This works the first time around, and I can successfully log in this way.
However, once I log out, it does not work this way any more - I keep
getting to login.php?reason=logout page, although I would think
that there should be a new sesison generated every time, since I
re-generate the numbers. I also tried it both with rejecting the imp_key
cookie IMP sets on logout and accepting it - this does not seem to make
any difference.

Could somebody enlighten me why this could be happening and
what the "Horde" and "imp_key" cookies are for, and how are they
connected with login/logout?

Thanks in advance.

Sergey Kanareykin
Web Programmer @ Denison University