[imp] MySql prefs problem

Seth Fitzsimmons seth@note.amherst.edu
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 09:29:55 -0400 (EDT)

I was having this problem too.  Not sure if this solution has been
provided yet (as they're not directly Horde related), but here goes.
Make sure 'mysql.default_socket' (in php.ini) is set right.  It doesn't
always pick the right mysql.sock automatically (php was looking for
/tmp/mysql.sock when it was really /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock).

Another thing to check is the permissions on the directories leading up to
mysql.sock are open enough so that the apache user can actually get at the
socket (on a rackspace system, this was forcing me to use the hostname
rather than localhost until I figured out what it was).

Hope this helps.
seth