[imp] Writing to user's .forward file from IMP

Teletechnics Afield email@teletechnics.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:33:10 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I've implemented such a thing on my server, which I dubbed automail.
Basically using a php script it will place a predefined .forward file into the
home user account.  Then depending on what the user requires it will place a
procmail receipe, and sub-recipes.  depending on what is wanted a recipe will
be placed to provide an autoreply (vacation message) and the user will write a
message in a seperate file which will be sent as an automatic reply email.
Another recipe will allow for forwarding of emails to an alternative address,
either with or without retaining an email copy locally.

I cannot do this right now, but when I have some time I can dig out all the
information and post it, including the scripts, and the modifications I had to
make to existing php scripts.  It is not the tidyest of implementation but it
has worked, and I think I have addressed most security issues.

It works with IMP 2.2.4 (I have not yet implemented 2.2.5, and am waiting for
the full release of the 2.3 strain) my server O/S is freeBSD and IMAP writes
its mail folders directly to the home user directory.

Please send me a reminder during the next week if you would like this.  At the
moment this weekend is a nightmare (workwise).

ciao,
tim.