Compose & Preferences Error with PosgreSQL: not a valid link resource

Walter R. Moore moorewr@eckerd.edu
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:35:08 -0400

To all IMP experts: HELP!

This is what I'm running IMP on:
Horde 1.2.5/IMP 2.2.5/RH 7.1/PSQL 7.0.3/PHP 4.0.4pl1-9

Everything works, test.php3 checks out, except when any user goes to
compose a message or update preferences. Then I get a weird link
resource error. This is new, the config is basicly unchanged from php
4.0.1 under RH7.0, which worked perfectly except attachments didn't work
(since the attach functions require php >4.0.3).

All my other psql calls work - session management, contacts, etc.

When compose opens:
Warning: 5 is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in
/home/httpd/html/horde/imp/lib/db.pgsql on line 113

Warning: 7 is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in
/home/httpd/html/horde/imp/lib/db.pgsql on line 139

The compose window loads, and the message sends properly, but the
signature is of course missing.

When Preferences open:
The following text appears in the "Edit your signature" window:
<b>Warning</b>: 5 is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in

Changing this and pressing save garners this:

Warning: 4 is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in
/home/httpd/html/horde/imp/lib/db.pgsql on line 222

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /home/httpd/html/horde/imp/lib/db.pgsql:222) in
/home/httpd/html/horde/imp/templates/doctype.inc on line 8
An error occured; your signature was not updated.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions; I've checked for all the
routine problems and checked the FAQs & back messages. Please mail me;
I'll summarize to the list.

Walter R. Moore --  System Administrator, Eckerd College
moorewr@eckerd.edu --  http://www.eckerd.edu/~moorewr

"Nothing in the UFO phenomena, the fundamentalist complaint
goes, requires belief in the one, true God, while much in it
contradicts the God portrayed in the Bible and Christian
tradition. _The New Age: A Christian Critique_ by Ralph Rath
discusses UFOs -- typically for such literature, with extreme
credulity. It serves their purpose to accept UFOs as real and
revile them as instruments of Satan and the Antichrist, rather
than to use the blade of scientific skepticism. That tool, once
honed, might accomplish more than just a limited heresiotomy."
  - Carl Sagan _The Demon-Haunted World_