[imp] IMP 2.2.6 problems

Daniel Spratlen spratlen@arches.uga.edu
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:47:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Daniel Spratlen <spratlen@arches.uga.edu> wrote:
>
> > Hi, I just downloaded the new rpm's for RH7 for imp 2.2.6 and horde
> > 1.2.6.  I use postgresql.  I proformed my upgrade by getting the three
> > rpm's that I needed, and then rpm -Uvh *.rpm.  That all went fine, but
> > now imp is broken.  Here is what I get:
> >
> > Warning: 1 is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in
> > /var/www/horde-phplib/db_pgsql.inc on line 52
>
> Ick.  Sorry, I hadn't gotten time to test 2.2.6 with PostgreSQL yet.  Can
> you please run the following two commands and reply with the output; then
> I'll try to reproduce this here.  What version of Horde/IMP were you
> upgrading from?  And just to double-check, did you upgrade any other RPMs
> during this process, or only Horde/IMP?

I had 2.2.4 and upgraded only the horde, horde pgsql, and imp rpm's.  I'm
running imp on two RH7.1 boxes.  One is stock RH7.1, and the other is
Stock RH7.1 with an upgrade to postgresql (using great north bridge's
rpm's to take it up to 7.1.  I'd give you the exact output that you ask
for but I'm not in front of the boxes now.  I'll send that to the list
asap.

> $ cat /etc/issue
> $ rpm -qa | egrep "^(apache|php|postgresql)-"
>
> > I tried moving the prepend.php3.rpmsave to prepend.php3 and still no go.
>
> Hm, I hadn't considered that angle either.  The RPMs may need a pre/post
> script to handle that file specially, due to the risk of the security fix
> ending up in the rpmsave file and not taking effect.  RPM users should
> watch this closely during the upgrade to 2.2.6.

I diffed the two prepend files, and there didn't seem to be any big
differences, but I'll have to look again to make sure.