Patch to provide monthly rotation of sent-mail folders

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 00:29:58 -0600

All,
Since I miss the feature in pine of moving the current sent-mail folder to an
archived one every month, I hacked a bit at the code to import this feature to
IMP.  I'm posting it here just for the general benefit of all, in the hopes
that someone will catch any errors so I can correct them, and to give back
to the IMP community since it is such a darn nifty piece of software.

Anyway, the two files that need to be patched are imp/config/prefs.php and
imp/mailbox.php.  Diffs can be found at:

    http://bigworm.colorado.edu/imp-patches/

Diffs are for the current cvs version of IMP (2.3.7-cvs).  The old sent-mail
mailbox will be moved to a folder named 'sent-mail-#month#-#year#' where
#month# and #year# are the values from when IMP was last run (#month# = 3
letter abbreviation, #year# = 4 digit year).

In the future I might add another option to delete old sent-mail mailboxes
(once again, similar to the behavior in pine).

I would appreciate feedback on this hack - all comments are welcome.  Hope
people find this useful.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder