IMP consultant

Mike Coughlan mcoughlan@gothambroadband.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:39:03 -0400

We are looking for a consultant to assist in configuring, tweaking, and
re-skinning the IMP web-mail software for a German cable company’s
high-speed internet portal.  The platform is Sun Solaris and Oracle.

I've scanned the list from what I've read, IMP 2.3.7 and Turba can be used
in production along with Turba. If anyone at Horde advises otherwise, then
please reply to the list.  That is what we would like to use.

Here is the job description, please reply offline if you are interested and
available immediately.  We would much prefer someone who can work in house.
We are located in Manhattan near Union Square.

If you have done this project before with 2.3.7, Turba, & Oracle, then
telecommuting can be an option.

Thanks all!

PHP/IMP Consultant

Department: 	Tech
Immediate
Supervisor:	Jason Cashman/Sam Carlson

I.	Basic Function

Need a contractor to come in for 2-3 weeks to assist in configuring,
tweaking, and re-skinning the IMP web-mail software for a German cable
company’s high-speed internet portal.

II.	Position Responsibilities (Overview)
   o Version and patch management for all IMP dependencies on Sun (apache,
php, Pear).
   o Working out IMP & Turba issues to work with Oracle
   o Troubleshooting IMP to get it to work with CGPro email server (IMAP
connectivity)
   o Re-skin product look and feel to product design specifications
      o Using IMP config files
      o Adding links to outside functionality
      o Possibly manipulating framesets or other reskin issues outside the
config files.

IV.	Principal Working Relationships

Primary and secondary working relationships

1)  Primary:
	Technical Director & Engineers

2)	Secondary
	Art Director & Info Architect

V.	Position Qualifications

1)	Education
Yes

2)	Experience
Deep experience with PHP a must. Experience with IMP a big plus.

3)	Other
Communication Skills