Still unable to use Sybase ASE 11.9.2 on Linux

m.ibarra@cdcixis-na.com m.ibarra@cdcixis-na.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:11:35 -0400

Hello All Again:

Well, I am still unable to get Sybase to work properly using the following
components on Linux 2.4.x kernel. Database tables created from what the
various .sql files looked like.

Sybase ASE 11.9.2 (Installed Libs and server)
php-4.07-dev (compiled -wwith-sybase=/home/sybase)
horde-latest from cvs
imp-2.3.7-cvs
turba-0.0.3-cvs
apache-1.3.20

OK, now I am testing Sybase by attempting to add items into "options" under
imp or by adding someone into my addressbook under turba. The only time that
I am even seeing anything that resembles an error is whenever I try to "Add"
a new contact under turba, that message is:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg pconnect() in
/usr/local/lib/php/DB/pgsql.php on line 114

imp doesn't even show an error, just accepts my filtering rules, Identities,
etc. Under
imp all seems fine, just does not function, nor do any rules or saves remain
past the
actual session, in other words I can see my rulesets, I go back to my INBOX,
back again to
my rulesets and what I had previously saved does not exist.

I've poured over the /horde/config/horde.php and /horde/imp/config/conf.php
files too
many times. The docs state that the Sybase entries should be inside of the
/horde/
config/horde.php file, however in desparation, I replicated these entries
into the
imp conf.php file as well.

C'mon all of you Sybase/PHP/Horde/IMP gurus, what's up here?

Thank you,

-mike