Cannot make IMP + IMAP-SSL under Solaris 8 work

Jose Gracia Neto zegracia@cbpf.br
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 14:08:31 -0300

Hi,

    It seems nobody is understanding my problem:
    I have two installations of IMP. One is on a OpenBSD machine, and it
works just fine.
    The other one is on a sparc machine running Solaris 8.
    I compiled uw-imap WITH SSL support. I set up port 143 for regular
imap, and 993 for imaps (IMAP with SSL).
    I am using the latest openssl.
    It doesn't work on 993, only on 143. The reason is because my PHP
won't compile with the --with-imap-ssl option.
    I am using the --with-openssl option. I am specifying my directories
too.
    It compiles just fine without the --with-imap-ssl option, but (of
course) it does not provide the necessary support for IMP.
    When I try to compile PHP (latest version), it says that my c-client
library does not support SSL.
    I know IMAP is compiling with SSL. I tested connections with
Netscape and with the openssl command line. The only thing that does not
work on port 993 is telnet (but it DOES work under OpenBSD).
    If I remove the .pem (certificate), I get SSL error messages when I
attempt to connect to 993. Therefore, SSL encryption is enabled. My
problem is that I can't compile PHP with imap-ssl.

    My gess it that Solaris lacks some support that comes within
OpenBSD. Does anybody know what could it be?

Please help,

Jose