Hint: OpenSSL has a bug for Solaris 8 compilation

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?Jos=E9_Gracia_Neto_-_CAT?= zegracia@cbpf.br
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:02:36 -0300 (EST)

Hi,

	I am trying to implement IMP under Solaris 8, and I had a hard time compiling openssl with shared libraries. I used:
./config shared -prefix=/opt/local/openssl.

	It was failing during make, saying that ld received wrong parameters. So, I looked at the Makefile and noticed something:

	After config, it selected the solaris with gcc port, which was fine, but it used gnu-shared. To make MAKE work, I had to change that line's value to solaris-shared (which is a valid chice).

	Only then it compiled without errors.

	S, this is the hint. If you are getting ld error messages during MAKE on this port, after config, edit the Makefile and change gnu-shared for solaris-shared.

	See you,

	Jose