[imp] having username as part of the IMAP servername

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 09:48:00 -0400 (EDT)

We do something similar at UofM - tho, instead using the entire username,
we use the first letter of the username.  so... I get my mail on

   l.imap.itd.umich.edu

Our imp installation is on apache + mod_ssl, and our login mechanism sets
REMOTE_USER.  So, in our horde/imp/defaults.php3, we do this:

   $default->server = substr ($REMOTE_USER,0,1) . ".imap.itd.umich.edu";

This sets the default server on a user by user basis.  works great.

Liam Hoekenga
UofM Webmaster Team