IMP login problem

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 08:02:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Theren, Ralph <Theren@aos-stade.de> wrote:

> > Which Linux distribution and version are you using?
> >
> Suse 7.2, Kernel 2.4.4
>
> > What does "uname -n" on the server say (bare host name or FQDN)?
> >
> bare host name
>
> > What's the content of your /etc/resolv.conf file (do you have the domain
> > in the search path)?
> >
> domain domain.de
> nameserver 10.110.25.3
> nameserver 10.110.25.6

I always include a "search" list, but I think "domain" is supposed to do
the same thing.

> > How about /etc/hosts (do you have the silly "localhost.localdomain" entry,
> > or
> > does your server's IP address appear with both the bare host name and
> > FQDN)?
> >
> 10.110.25.10   	lnx4me.domain.de 	lnx4me
>
> 127.0.0.1	localhost
>
> > What's the host name listed for GRANT permissions (if you're using
> > MySQL) -- bare host name, FQDN, or "localhost"?
> >
> MySQL meanwhile stopped, for testing I changed config to shared memory.
>
> > And in the Horde/IMP and Apache configuration files, how do you list the
> > server name (bare or
> > fully-qualified)?
> >
> always fully-qualified

Well, that all seems reasonable.  Sorry I can't think of anything else to
try right off-hand.  Perhaps others will have some ideas.

> What is the difference when my pc comes via proxy or directly, using FQDN?
> Proxy is a Linux-Server with Squid in the same subnet.

Are the proxy and the Horde/IMP/Apache server two different machines then?
If so, the above questions apply to both machines.  It could be a
difference in how the two machines are resolving (or not resolving) bare
host names vs. FQDNs.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN