[imp] PHP frustrations with IMP install

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:00:39 -0700

-------
Just for another perspective - I have installed 1.2.5 / 2.2.5 on 2 different
RH7.1 machines

Loaded apache/mysql/php4/ldap/mod_sql/mod_php/mod_ldap as part of initial
install.

downloaded horde & imp tarballs, expanded, configured scripts and had them
running in less than 2 hours, no fuss and no muss. I completely ignored all
of their patched versions of rpm's for redhat and think that it was
infinitely easier.

Yes, you have to edit php.ini and httpd.conf
Yes, you have to move phplib & edit various conf files

I thought it was incredibly easy and I'm no expert at php, apache or mysql.
In fact, I have expressed my gratitude to the crew for making it so easy.

Craig