[imp] timezone calculation

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar@developer.ch
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:42:24 +0200

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Is there any calculation done based on the timezone I set in prefs?
>
> It even seems to be not set in my outgoing mail. Please take a look at =
the
> header of this mail. The last time I checked it, it always showed +0000=
 though
> I set my timezone to +0200.

I have had been using timezone for "Reminder" service.
Timezones should also be taken in consideration in any alarms in
"Calendar" or "Notifiers"
Example, If I want to be reminded at 13:30 for a meeting and I am in
timezone +2, and the server in a different then things can get iffy.

Currently I am not facing such problems because most of my users are in
the same timezone as the server.

cheers

--
Atif Ghaffar