[imp] Permissions for imp and Cyrus IMAP folders

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:19:27 -0400

Quoting register@netjackal.net:

> I installed IMP and everything is okay ... IMP can read the INBOX folder but
> no other folders can be seen and if I try and create a folder it does not
> create the folder and returns an error on the top of the screen (browser ...
> whatever) ..
>
> I am pretty sure I screwed up the permissions ... what does the webserver need
> to running as?
> waht are the permissions of the IMAP folders (using Cyrus)

The web server never touches your IMAP folders; your IMAP server does that.
Webserver permissions have nothing to do with it.

You probably have the folders path set wrong - what version of IMP are you
using?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.