[imp] html view in imp (MSWord?)

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:49:12 +0100

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 07:55:51AM -0500, Rick Romero wrote:

> It's not the mime_drivers that I was thinking was cached, but the
> path apache was using.  But, if you say the path is a shell thing,
> then it DOES point to a change in httpd.conf.

"path apache was using" ... ?

And the shell is nothing to do with Apache; that's for
your interactive csh session

> ahhh.  Which actually brings up another question I had.  How is the
> mime_mapping applied?  Everytime I send an excel file from
> Pegasus Mail (ok, not a whole lot of testing going on here), it
> shows up as an application/octet-stream.  I saw in CHANGES, that
> mime_mapping is experimental, in the future c/would it be used to
> try and autodetect mime types by file extensions?

Your IMAP server provides a MIME type which is authoratative;
it will change so that octet-stream will be overridden if
the file extension is recognised.  I havent done this yet, but its
an easy change (I'm in California right now, and not worrying
too much about coding :)

Anil