[imp] html view in imp (MSWord?)

Rick Romero Rick@valeoinc.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:41:11 -0500

On 17 Aug 2001, at 17:49, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 07:55:51AM -0500, Rick Romero wrote:
> >
> > It's not the mime_drivers that I was thinking was cached, but the
> > path apache was using.  But, if you say the path is a shell thing,
> > then it DOES point to a change in httpd.conf.
>
> "path apache was using" ... ?
>
> And the shell is nothing to do with Apache; that's for
> your interactive csh session

Ok, I'm officially killing this part of the subject.  I know what
happened, I know what I saw, I know it's not related.  :)

It's the email version of  "Remember that time you sneezed on that
hot chick?  Man that was gross.  HAR HAR HAR"

> > ahhh.  Which actually brings up another question I had.  How is the
> > mime_mapping applied?  Everytime I send an excel file from
> > Pegasus Mail (ok, not a whole lot of testing going on here), it
> > shows up as an application/octet-stream.  I saw in CHANGES, that
> > mime_mapping is experimental, in the future c/would it be used to
> > try and autodetect mime types by file extensions?
>
> Your IMAP server provides a MIME type which is authoratative;
> it will change so that octet-stream will be overridden if
> the file extension is recognised.  I havent done this yet, but its
> an easy change (I'm in California right now, and not worrying
> too much about coding :)

Ok, so let me get this straight.  The mime_mappings are supposed
to change the mime type of an .xls file from application/octet-
stream to :
'xls'       => 'application/vnd.ms-excel'      ?

Now you said you havn't done it yet, as in, everything is there and
ready, but the last little line of code hasn't been placed/enabled?

Even if it's not enabled yet, that's a pretty neat trick :)

Rick