[imp] Mark Unread Problem

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:59:36 -0500 (CDT)

Quoting Eagle Lee <elee@kinwai.net>:

> Dear all,
>
>      I discovered that a few mail will not be marked unread when I read
> the
> message.  Any one know it ?
>
> -Eagle lee

I don't know why, but it seems that if I delete a message which is followed
by a "large" message that takes a long time to process/download, then the
message is not properly deleted.  This only appears to happen when the message
to be deleted is followed by a large message, and when I have IMP set to
automatically go to the next message when deleting the currently displayed
message.

In my case, large means anything larger than about 4MB, but that probably
depends on the speed of the server (when I increased the speed of my server
the size it took to produce this behaviour increased and the frequency of
this behaviour decreased).

I consider this an annoyance, but not enough of one to report it or investigate
it.

Eric Jon Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin