[imp] ct_sql vs. ct_shm

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:58:53 -0400

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 03:18:15PM -0600, George Sexton wrote:

> The rest is for the developers of IMP. This is not a flame, just an
> observation from a database type person, but the database design could be
> improved for performance.

The sessions table is from phplib, so we weren't directly
responsible for its design.  Either way, it's already been
dropped in favor of PHP 4 session in IMP 2.3.

The rest of the tables have all been completely redesigned for
the current cvs version of the Horde code, so that problem's
pretty much been fixed, too.  Feel free to comment on their
design, though, as most of that code hasn't been officially
released and is still subject to improvements and change.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology