[imp] Japanese character support

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 15:21:46 +0000

Quoting Niels Peuyn <peuyn@oberon.net>:

> -  IMP Version 2.2.6

[snip]

> > Are they set to the Japanese locale? Otherwise,
> > things won't come out right, certainly...
>
> Sorry, but I donīt understand what you mean.

Ah, okay. No one seems to have done a Japanese translation for 2.2. So what you
need to do is either make a translation, or just copy the files from locale/en
into locale/jp, add that language, and have your users use it, so that the
charset gets set correctly.

I tested with 2.3, and when I switched to Japanese (just added the charset; no
translation is done yet), the test message (which I bounced to my server) came
up showing characters correctly (after IE prompted me to install a language
pack).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.