[imp] addressbook address lengthes

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:52:59 -0400

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 02:49:45PM -0400, mcaplin@miami.edu (mcaplin@miami.edu) wrote:
> Well, IMP doesn't allow it.  The addresses were imported from Pine
> addressbooks using a script we wrote; they were not created using IMP's
> conacts page.  I didn't realize, until you replied and I tried it, that
> IMP contacts does not accept multiple addresses.
>
> It seems I have 2 choices: Modify IMP to allow multiple addresses per
> nickname or tell my users no more lists in addressbooks.  Obviously, I'd
> prefer door number 1.
>
> Any ideas?

Easiest bet would be to use IMP 2.3. It's not "no more" lists in
addressbooks, though, because it never /has/ worked in IMP
2.2.x. (That it was never implemented might suggest that just moving
to 2.3 would be easier than modifying 2.2, but I haven't tried.)

  -Rich

--
 Montreal, Quebec, Canada   |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!