Unknown user bug

jm jm bon@teamlog.fr
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:59:39 +0200

Hi,

I have the following problem with IMP, and I heard that some other people
have the same one :

When a user "foo" connected with IMP send a mail to another local user "bar",
and if "bar" doesn't exist, the sender never receive the bounced "user
unknown" mail and then can't know that his mail hasn't be delivered.

The bounced mail is received by the user wwwrun, which is my apache deamon
user on the server.

In the sendmail logs, the mail appears as if it was send by wwwrun instead of
the real sender "foo".

The same test done from a local mailer on the server (pine in that case) show
that the bounced mail comes back normaly too "foo" with the "Unknown user"
error message.

If the mail is send from IMP to an existing user, all is perfect and the
receiver view a mail coming from "foo".

Is it a known bug in IMP and is there a way to correct it?

Thanks,
Jean-Michel.